Humpday Covers: As Found On Youtube

This Humpday we will be looking at covers that I have found on Youtube.  Most of these people are unsigned and pretty much unheard of, but that doesn't stop them from making great sounds.

Before I continue, please allow me to apologize for the lack of posting recently and the bare bone posts. I am sorry to say that this is all due to the amount of work that has been piling up in front of me. Trying to finish school is proving to be a difficult task. (Duh!) So if the post's are not up to par, you know why.


Anyways,
First up, someone sent me this link in an email stating that "he puts together beats but makes an amazing medley of the Fugees, The Roots, and Bob Marley". I was intrigued so I decided to give it a chance and watch the scene unfold. Youtube user and artist Eebsofresh set the stage with some great audio layering, making some pretty remarkable loops while demonstrating his vocal range. Surprisingly enough, Eebsofresh can drop a beat and sing pretty damn well. The only qualm I have with his "MarleyLa" song (other than the lame title) is that it ends pretty abruptly. If this is a work in development, which I am pretty sure it is, I can not wait for the polished result.
Check the video and after the jump take a listen:

 


Up next we have a track that I found on Youtube while looking for alternate takes of the Beatles.  Turns out that "alternate takes" on Youtube sometimes means mash-ups but that is Google's problem not mine. Anyways, I came across "Let It Be Me" a mash up by Dj duo Loo and Placido that samples "Let It Be" with Shaggy's "It Wasn't Me". Sounds crazy but it actually works. I will spare all of you the dumb video of nothing but a photoshopped hill and just post the track. It's definitely worth listening to.

Listen:

Comments

Popular Posts