Humpday Covers Presents: She & Him

Zooey Still looks cute in that pilgrim suit!
This hump day please indulge yourself in the beautiful duet of M. Ward and Zooey Deschanel. They make up the group She & Him and we have talked about them before here at Happiness, but they do bring an amazing revitalization to old classics. Recently, I have been really impressed on their rendition on Smokey Robinson's "You Really Got A Hold On Me". Of course it doesn't sound like the original and in fact I really love the original. However, there is something raw and intimate about the She & Him version that is both comforting and hallowing.  They did this cover on their first album titled Volume One, but for some reason it still resonates with me while their new stuff is great. I think this live performance is pretty top dog.

So for your veiwing and listening pleasure I have the MTV Canada's live version of She & Him's version of "You Really Got A Hold On Me".


 

LISTEN:

Comments

Popular Posts