Backtracking 1/25-2/1

1Play
76
2Play
53
3Play
19
4Play
17
5Play
16
6Play
14
7Play
13
8Play
12
9Play
11
9Play
11

Of Note:

This week, I discovered Norwegian Recycling. He's this guy named Peter Bull, and he is known best for his ability to mash up ridiculously different songs into great tunes. This track, 8 becomes 1, mashes  Black Eyed Peas - Where Is The Love. Savage Garden - Crash And Burn, Maroon 5 - She Will Be Loved, James Blunt - You're Beautiful, Atomic Kitten - It's Ok!, U2 - With Or Without You, Billie The Vision & The Dancers - Summercat (see below), and Remy Zero - Fair. He puts a bunch of his stuff online for free, check that out here.

Obviously, I spend the majority of the week pumping myself up for the Andrew Bird show, trying to familiarize myself with his new stuff as much as possible, so that explains that...

This week, my buddy turned me onto Billie the Vision & The Dancers, a Swedish indie-pop band, with a pretty versatile range of musical styles, who I'm just getting into. Check out Summercat. They also put all their stuff up for free, but, as the website suggests, it helps the band out to pay for the music a bit. Not to mention, it's not money which is taken by the record companies or anything- it goes straight to the band. Consider it before you download.  

Finally, every once and a while I put on my favorite CD, Neutral Milk Hotels "In the Aeroplane over the Sea", and listen to it in its entirety (the only possible way to listen to that CD). I did that this week, sitting down by the river near my house nearly blasting out my car speakers. Try it sometime.

Comments

Popular Posts