Humpday returns, without concerns

Humpday is back, along with covers. This week has been interesting, my massive music collection has finally exceeded my internal hard-drive space. I transferred all my music on to a 500 Gig external hard-drive, that should buy me enough time until I can figure out a better solution.

This weeks Humpday cover is truly spectacular.


Beck-Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat (Originally by and Selected by Bob Dylan)

The song comes from a compilation from War Child titled Heroes. The concept of this compilation is unique in that legendary artist pick songs they want contemporary artist to cover. There is a wonderful sense of paying tribute to these legends on this album that is usually not found on a cover album. Even better than the great music on this disc is the fact that every purchase donates a portion of the proceeds to War Child, a charity that provides humanitarian assistance to children in devastated regions.
I will give the overall album 4 out of 5 stars.

So for all its worth, give it a listen. If you like it buy it, and save the children with good music. Everyone wins.

go to www.warchild.org to buy the album

Comments

Popular Posts