Svensk Rap?

Svensk Rap.

Most of you are probably asking yourself, What in the world is Svensk Rap?

Well, let me inform you.



Svensk Rap is from Sweden, an unlikely home to a very unique rap genre. The rap culture in Sweden has been growing ever since Grandmaster Funk unofficially introduced the hip-hop culture in 1984. Since then, many groups have started to form their own unique style of hip-hop that has transcended this specific genre of music.

I first stumbled on Svensk Rap earlier this year from a list of popular music during 2006. A band by the name of Snook took my eye. I thought to myself,"What a cool name...I wonder what they sound like..." This exploration brought me one step closer in to the world of Svensk Rap. Snook's song Snook Svett Och Tårar completely sold me to the genre. With Outkast like beats and a beyond catchy hook, I became (slightly) obsessed with learning more about this genre and I have slowly been collecting Svensk Rap. My second discovery in this genre was Timbuktu's Det Löser Sig. This track has a funky beat that reminds me of RJD2's slower instrumental tracks.

All in all, this genre is great. I just want to know what the heck is being said. I mean I don't even know how to pronounce the genre. Svensk!?! It just goes to show you that there is always great music out there, you don't even have to understand it to appreciate it.

Listen to Snook's Snook Svett Och Tårar

Listen to Timbuktu's Det Löser Sig

Buy Svensk Rap

Comments

Popular Posts