Why 1/27 was the best day of my life.

So, I've been volunteering for the past two summers working with Haitian refugees in the Dominican Republic. During this time, I've had the pleasure of meeting and working with Brian Concannon, the director for the Institute for Justice and Democracy in Haiti (please, visit http://www.ijdh.org/ for more information- it's such a great cause and is worth checking out).

This evening, Mr. Concannon was part of a panel consisting of world renowned humanitarian Dr. Paul Farmer, whose work is extensively written about by Tracy Kidder in the Pulitzer Prize winning book, Mountains Beyond Mountains, as well as the second Massachusetts elected official of Hatian decent Linda Dorcena Forry, actor Matt Damon, and was moderated by Democracy Now! host Amy Goodman (www.democracynow.org)
. If your interested, the whole panel discussion will be put into the JFK library online archives, available for free streaming to the public.

Anyways, at the event I got to personally meet and get an autograph from Dr. Paul Farmer (whose pretty much my hero) and sort of kind of meet Matt Damon (whose not so much my hero but is still awesome)- making today, January 27th, the best day of my life.

Comments

Popular Posts